Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Measurement Unit

Hello there, friends! We are getting ready to teach measurment and I am so excited to tackle this unit. I have been desperate for ideas and activities to go along with this unit of study. Measurment can be tricky. I'll be honest, I still look up conversions on my phone when I am cooking! I love using interactive notebooks in my classroom, so I developed this bundle of resources to go along with our notebook. Here is a little glimpse of what is inside. 



I have many levels in my math class, so I try to create all of my resources with answer key QR codes. I do this so my students will get immediate feedback on their work when they are not in a small group with me. Plus, they LOVE using the iPads!


This unit pack is full of sorts, matching games, and task cards to teach equivalent measurement. The entire unit is 62 pages, and includes QR Code answer keys for each task.

I teach metric measurement using a King Henry chart. My kiddos love the silly story of King Henry drinking ugly dark chocolate milk :)

Finally, I have included several interactive notebook pages and reference cards. My students keep envelopes in their interactive notebooks to hold task and vocabulary reference cards. This way they can study at home and have easy access to foldables! I will do a blog post on our interactive notebooks soon!
Every metric and customary unit has a foldable for students to compare and analyze.



You can find this resource HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment